I've always wanted a laser printer - I've worked in IT for 25 years and they are so well built and reliable nowadays. None of that ink clogging or messy inkjet stuff. My incredible new Lexmark Laser printer looked great - I never even contemplated getting a laser toner refill. I'd simply buy a new toner cartridge every year or so and carry on in my new efficient laser printing world - sure laser toner cartridges cost a little more but they would last me for ever as I don't print that much.
Unfortunately things didn't go quite to plan (a not unfamiliar feeling for me!) and very soon the dreaded toner low warnings were being beeped out by my printer. Surely not I had hardly printed anything - I checked the specifications - I had apparently been given special starter cartridges by Lexmark to start me off. Please understand that the word 'special' in this context means having very little ink and not much use for printing.
So with an extremely heavy heart and a much lighter wallet I purchased four new laser toner cartridges for a sum just a little under what I had bought the original printer for. The cost was a little surprising but I was certain that I wouldn't see the dreaded toner low message for some time - unfortunately I was wrong - some short weeks later it was back again.
It's a situation a lot of us have been in I'm certain. The simple fact is that the printer manufacturers make a large part of their profits from consumables like toner and not on the printer itself. Many years ago most photocopiers and laser printers had little re-moveable stoppers on their cartridges to allow you to buy laser toner refill to reuse them.
Unfortunately this is no longer the case - they now actively manufacture the cartridges to be used only once. Don't be fooled by the eco-friendly return schemes - these are merely designed to put a slightly more positive spin on the situation - the fact is that there is no reason why the cartridge couldn't be reused many times.
Buying a Laser Toner Refill Kit and reusing your existing cartridges makes sense on so many levels.
1) It actively reduces landfill - over 43 million new laser toner cartridges are produced each year in Europe countries alone - over 70% of these are used only once.
2) To produce a new cartridge requires about 2 liters of oil - each time you reuse a cartridge this is saved - a huge environmental saving if everyone reused only once.
3) It's so much cheaper - cost savings vary from printer to printer but laser toner refill commonly saves up to 87% of costs of buying a new one.
4) The quality is exactly the same - all reputable suppliers provide laser toner refill which is identical to the original (it's just ink!).
5) It really is quite simple to do - anyone can do it with a little care and following some simple instructions - takes about 10 minutes in my experience.
Think cosmetic dentist near me about refilling your laser toner cartridges - you'll save money and help the environment all for a few minutes effort.
By: Joe Simpson
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com
To read more and save yourself lots of money visit here
Laser Toner Refill
or to check if your laser printer is refillable check here.
Laser Toner Refill Kit